Thursday, November 10, 2011

Favorite Snack Foods: Crackers Edition


I have two favorites when it comes to gluten free crackers, and each serves an important and unique purpose. The Crunchmaster crackers are a serviceable snack on their own, perfect for munching on without any add-ons. I also like to eat them with cheese or with a meat such as turkey or ham. The multi-grain product is a hearty snack and does the job. The Glutino crackers, on the other hand, are a light and crispy choice. I liken them unto a blend between Ritz and Club; although, I can't verify the last time I sampled either. I prefer the original flavor and love to make peanut butter or cheese cracker sandwiches out of them.

Multi-Grain Crackers from Crunchmaster: "packed with delicious toasted seeds (sesame, quinoa, flax and amaranth) and is lightly seasoned with a wheat free tamari soy sauce." These are "All Natural, 100% Whole Grain, Cholesterol Free, Certified Gluten Free, Sugar Free, Vegan/Dairy Free."

Where Can I Buy Them? On the website, you can find a "Store Locator" field to enter your U.S. zip code and identify what affiliations are closest to you. In my area, I can purchase Crunchmaster at Safeway, Costco and Walmart.

Original Crackers from Glutino"Light and flaky crackers, perfect alone or with your favorite fruit spreads and cheese." These crackers do contain eggs and come with an obligatory "may contain" warning of "traces of soy, milk, and sesame."

Where Can I Buy Them? You can use the site's "Locate a Retailer" function to get confirmation of the closest affiliated store near you. In Colorado, I can pick these crackers up at King Soopers, Target and Vitamin Cottage.

Happy snacking! 

No comments:

Post a Comment